Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT REQUIREMENTS DO I NEED TO BE AWARE OF BEFORE BOOKING?
Some dives require specific skill levels and/or certifications. View the dive site and requirements section of each dive shop for details.
WHAT METHODS OF PAYMENT DOES SEARCH SCUBA ACCEPT?
We support several payment methods. Payment options may include:
- Major credit cards and prepaid credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover)
- Many debit cards that can be processed as credit
- PayPal for select countries
You'll see which payment methods are available on the checkout page, before you submit a booking request. After you select your country, all of your payment details will be shown.
Offline or cash payments are a violation of our TERMS OF SERVICE, and can result in removal from Search Scuba. We prohibit off-site payments because paying outside of Search Scuba makes it harder for us to protect your information and puts you at a greater risk of fraud and other security issues.
WHY DIDN'T I GET MY EMAIL NOTIFICATION?
Below are a few different steps you can take to figure out why you didn’t receive an email notification.
- Make sure your email address is correct. We might be sending emails to an old or incorrect email address. To see or change the email address associated with your account, log in to your Search Scuba account from a desktop computer and follow the steps below:
- Go to Edit Profile.
- Look for the Email Address field. Make sure your address is correct.
- If it’s incorrect, add the correct address, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Save.
- Check your email notification settings
- We'll only send the emails you tell us you want. To check your email notification settings, log in to your Search Scuba account from a desktop computer and follow the steps below:
- Go to your Notification Settings.
- Look for the "Email Settings" field. Make sure you’ve chosen the email types you want to receive.
- After adding or removing checkmarks from the right boxes, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
- Search all messages in your email inbox.
- Sometimes emails can get lost in your inbox. In your email account, search for terms like "Search Scuba,” "reservation," "verification,” or other words related to the email you're looking for.
- Check your spam and other email filters. It's possible your email provider mistakenly sent our messages to your spam or junk folder. To avoid this:
- Remove Search Scuba messages from your spam list.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your personal email address book.
- If you have other filters or routing rules in your email account that may have sorted Search Scuba emails elsewhere, be sure to check those, too.
- Check for issues with your email service provider. Depending on your provider, emails can take up to a few hours to be delivered. If undelivered or delayed emails continue to be an issue, check with your provider to see if there are any configuration issues or problems with their network that might be affecting your account.
HOW DO I BOOK A RESERVATION?
If you’re ready to book a dive shop on Search Scuba:
- Choose your dive option.
- Enter your number of divers.
- Select gear rental or transportation (if needed).
- Enter pickup/drop off location.
- Click on “Book Now.”
- Review your cart.
- Complete diver information and payment.
- The order confirmation will be sent to the email address on file.
HOW DO I EDIT MY ACCOUNT SETTINGS OR PROFILE?
You can edit the information that appears on your Search Scuba profile from your account settings.
You can edit the information that appears on your Search Scuba profile by going to Account - Settings - Edit Profile. Here, update the basics about who you are and where you live, including email address and password."
HOW DO I CHANGE THE EMAIL ADDRESS I USE FOR SEARCH SCUBA?
To change the email address you use for your Search Scuba account:
- Go to SearchScuba.com and click on Profile.
- Next to Email Address, enter the email address you want to use.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
Your email address can only be associated with one Search Scuba account at a time. If you get a notification that your email address is already in use but you can't remember your password for that account, you can reset your password.
DO I GET A FULL REFUND IF I CANCEL?
You have the ability to cancel a booking and receive a full refund 48 hours prior to the first day of diving. No refund will be given if a cancellation is made less than 48 hours prior to the first day of diving.
In rare cases, you may be eligible for a full refund if you had to cancel because of:
Severe security advisories for political or civil unrest in the area that the diver is traveling from, traveling to, or that the dive shop is located in. Examples include:
- Increased military presence
- Severe damage to the area’s infrastructure
- Changes to Visa or Passport requirements that make it impossible to travel to the destination. This doesn’t include lost or expired travel documents.
Natural disasters that prevent the diver from traveling to or from the destination, or that make it unsafe to dive. Examples include:
- Severe storms
- Blizzards or severe winter storms
What to do next:
If you’ve confirmed your circumstance meets the requirements above, cancel your reservation. WE’LL WALK YOU THROUGH the next steps, which will include submitting any required documentation and waiting for our team to review your case.
I HAVE TWO ACCOUNTS. CAN I MERGE THEM?
There is no way to automatically merge accounts, and we aren't able to move information or bookings between accounts. We recommend that you choose the account you'd like to use going forward and deactivate the other account.
When you deactivate an account, any current reservations you have on that account as a diver will automatically be canceled, so you may want to wait until those reservations are complete before deactivating the second account.
To deactivate an account:
- Log in to the Search Scuba account you'd like to deactivate.
- Go to Settings found in Account Settings.
- Click Deactivate my account.
IF YOU DON'T HAVE A SEARCH SCUBA ACCOUNT YET, GO TO SEARCHSCUBA.COM AND CLICK SIGN UP.
You can sign up using your email address. Signing up and creating a Search Scuba account is free.
After you sign up, be sure to complete your account information before booking a reservation.
HOW DO I RESET MY PASSWORD?
If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in to your Search Scuba account, select FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD? and complete the prompts to update your password.
If you know your current password, but you want to change it:
- Go to searchscuba.com and click on Account.
- Select Security.
- Under Change Your Password enter your password and follow the instructions on the screen.
HOW DO I DEACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT?
To deactivate your account, get started here.
- Go to searchscuba.com and click on Account.
- Click Settings.
- Click Deactivate my account.
When you deactivate your account:
- Any reservations you currently have will not be canceled.
- We’ll retain your account data so you can reactivate your account in the future.
HOW DO I DELETE MY ACCOUNT?
If you want to permanently close and delete your account, CONTACT US.
When you delete your account:
- We will verify your identity for security purposes before accepting the deletion request.
- You can’t reactivate, recover any data, or regain access to your account once it’s deleted.
- Any reservations you currently have as a diver will automatically be canceled.
- We will start working on your deletion request after we receive it, but some of your data may remain in our systems if we are legally required, or while we are legally permitted, to retain it.
- Instead of deleting certain data, we may de-identify or disassociate it, such that it no longer appears associated with you.
- Some information, such as your reviews and messages you sent to other users, may still be visible to others.
WHAT IS THE SEARCH SCUBA SERVICE FEE?
To help operate the Search Scuba platform, we charge a $3 service fee for each confirmed booking.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
If you have a question we haven’t answered, our customer service team is here to help! Contact us by calling 1-800-213-1082 7am-5pm EST or send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org